If you are interested in serving as a room parent for your child’s classroom, please sign-up on Konstella.
Time required: Ongoing throughout the school year.
Room Parents serve as the communication liaisons between parents, teachers, and the PTO regarding school activities.
- Works with teacher(s) and parents/guardians, as a parent contact and liaison, to build stronger family-school partnerships for a classroom
- Creates community by planning events for the class and/or coordinating with other grade level Room Parents to plan grade-wide events during the year
- Collaborates with the teacher(s) to identify how parents can support classroom activities such as field trips, special projects and class events
- Assists the teacher(s) with clerical needs, such as making copies/collating, stuffing Friday folders, laminating, cutting, etc.
- Recruits parent volunteers, as needed, for various school and PTO events, such as Halloween Boo Bash, STEAM Fair, Fun Run, International Night, etc.
- Helps to promote PTO goals, membership and activities on campus
- Attends the PTO General Membership Meetings on behalf of the classroom
- Serves as, or assign someone as, the primary event photographer for the classroom
- Organizes class gifts for the teacher(s) (Birthday, Holiday, and End of Year)
- Organizes efforts for Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
- All Eaton volunteers must have their fingerprints and a current negative tuberculous (TB) test on file with Cupertino Union School District (CUSD). Please visit the CUSD Volunteering page for more information on how to become eligible to volunteer within CUSD.
- Must attend a majority of the PTO General Membership Meetings throughout the school year. Meeting dates and times can be found on the PTO Calendar.
2022-2023 Room Parent Resources